Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 7/5/2021
The Marlatt family and staff know how important it is to keep everyone safe and healthy during the current state of our world. The health and welfare of the families we serve, our staff, and community are our highest priority.
We also know how important it is for us to be there for families who have lost a loved one. We are dedicated to offering our community the same high level of care and professionalism that we have come to be known for over the last 64 years.
With the opening of Washington state on June 30, 2021 under the Washington Ready Plan, we are able to expand the services we offer. Below are our current guidelines:
- Arrangements are being done by phone, email, fax or postal mail. In office arrangements are now being offered by appointment only.
- We are able to offer full capacity services in your chapel and viewing rooms. Chapel services have a 3-hour time period, and viewing rooms have a 2-hour time period.
- We are requiring everyone who enters the building to wear a mask, sanitize hands, and maintain 6 feet of social distancing from other attendees and staff when possible.
- Any individual with a temperature of 100.4 will not be permitted to attend a service.
- Any individual with a household member who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or with symptoms of Covid-19 within the last 14 days may not attend a service.
- Outside reception space is available. No food or beverages are permitted inside the building.
- Currently we are doing international ship-out of casketed remains on a case-by-case basis based off the accepting countries current covid restrictions.
- We are offering pre-planning services in person by appointment or by phone, email, fax or postal mail.
Rest assured that your loved one will be in the best of care at Marlatt’s and we are taking every precaution to keep the families we serve and our visitors safe.
The Marlatt Family and Staff